Saturday, November 29, 2014

Crankshaft and CAM signal faking



I'm trying to fake the crankshaft and CAM signal with an arduino based system (www.gevcu.org) according to Volvo's specification. The output of my signal generator (https://github.com/neuweiler/EngineSignalSimulator) is looking a lot like the one in Volvo's spec. But somehow the ECU is not happy with it yet. I get DTCs about alorhythm problems. On the right side you see the spec sheet and the output on the oscilloscope. In the spec the crankshaft signal is supposed to be a sinewave with voltage range from 0.1V to 100V according to the motor speed (the rpm sensor it's a magnetic inductor). But on other pages, it's said to be a sinewave from 0.1 to 5V. So I'm not sure if my timing is out of spec or if it's just the voltage which does not conform to the speed of the signal or if the ECU is not happy because it's a square wave and not a sine wave.
I think I need a reference signal..

No comments:

Post a Comment